Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Empire Builder - Day Three "Zoo-town: A Hop, Skip, and a Jump."

I woke in the morning to the smell of bacon. The Dunnigan's had fixed a spread fit for a king. Bacon, cheesy eggs, biscuits, etc. I felt completely at home. They even let me sleep in a little bit. I sat down and was immediately cared for. You want this or that? I just took it all in as quickly as possible. John asked "So what time does your bus leave?" I took a look quick look around to find a clock, it was 11:50. "5 minutes ago." "What?" he spouted back out. "Well I guess you'll have to get a ride with Andy and Pete. You guys alright with that.?" John turned to his son. Andy just shook his head then Pete said, "We'll have to make some room." "I have some gas money." I said. So after some talk about where I was from and where I was headed. We packed the car and made the 2 and half hour journey to Zoo-town; A mere hop, skip, and a jump. While on the ride the boys and I made several more connections through Portland and Missoula. Talked about our favorites, songs, musicians, food, etc. They seemed genuinely interested in meeting up this week before I left, to reconnect, jam, drink some beer and engage in the typical whatnots. And so I left it at that. It turned out that they lived right down the road from Matt's place. The road named the Rattlesnake by the locals, for reasons unbeknownst to me, was the path by which we were connected. I got Andy's number when they dropped me off at Matt's house and headed up the Rattlesnake to ease their travel weary heads.

1 comment:

  1. Be safe bro and keep the Faith: PUTAIN !
    We miss you out here.

    ReplyDelete